Monday, August 13, 2007

Skidding in by the seat of my pants.....




Testing, testing, is this thing on? Oh, whoops, there it is. Hi all! Did you know that August 13th landed on a Monday this year? I coulda sworn it was Tuesday. Sigh, I cannot wait for school to start so I know what day it is again.




I bet you're all wondering who is this maniac and why dear god did Jacki let her in here. Well, my name is Serena and some of you may know me from Fallen Angel Reviews and some may know me from SereneDreaming.com.




Today I'd love to discuss my site, SereneDreaming.com. I make jewelry, my kids make jewelry, heck even my hubby helps sometimes. I was making it for friends as gifts and well, they kept liking what I did so much that I thought that I may be able to make a side job out of it, thus SereneDreaming.com was born. I have had a lot of fun with it and am in the midst of having bits of the website redone this week. I've found a lot of inspiration from various books that I've read. Stella Price has worked with me for quite a few Eververse pieces that echo different characters in her and Audra's series. One of Bianca D'Arc's dragons decided to demand a set and that's a gorgeous necklace, earrings and bracelet set in progress. (If I do say so myself) Why do I mention this? Well, see, here's the fun bit. Jacki and I have been diligently working on something that I think you all will love. Can't say more than that, but it will be coming soon .




Lately I've been playing with chain maille and the various different weaves. It's amazing as to how many different styles there are that are not only beautiful, but that were used to save lives. I tend to be a bit of a geek when it comes to anything medieval. Knights and the such, what can I say? The simplicity of interlocking links evolving into an intricate piece of art just makes me go oooooo.



Anyhow, enough about my uber-geekitude and such. I hope that I was relatively interesting and didn't embarrass Ms. Jacki too much. As a thanks to you wonderful blog-hoppers for allowing me to ramble for a bit about my jewelry and my website, how about a contest? For a $10 gift certificate towards your purchase at SereneDreaming.com, please comment here on what inspires you. To get through your day, to write a story, to create art - anything that makes you step up and go on. I will have my kidlets choose a winner from the posts tomorrow morning and will post the winner here.

9 comments:

Amy C said...

My son and my relationship with my husband are definitely my inspiration. Without them I don't know who I would be. I'll look at my son sometimes and he will catch me and smile and then pucker up a blow me a kiss. It's the sweetest thing!

Also, your jewelry is very nice! I love the bookmarks!

Stephanie*magic* said...

Hi Serena.Love your jewlery!Very pretty :)
I'm gonna have to agree with Amy.My hubby and I have been through alot in 16 years.We met when we were 17.He's been my rock.And our 4 kids have made life fun and unperdictable,lol!Makes life worth livin :)
Thanks for coming by today!Take care.

Christine said...

Wow. Amy and Stephanie are so deep. The first thing that came to my mind was hot paranormal romances inspire me in the bedroom. :P

Christine said...

Your jewelry is very beautiful, Serena! I made a necklace once in one of those sophisticated jewelry making boutiques. Do you have those near you? If not, maybe that could be something worth looking into for your jewelry business.

Cathy M said...

What gives me a boost to get thru my day is knowing that I have carved out some time for myself to read a good book. Obviously the longer the better, but even if it is 20 minutes at a time, it recharges me and gets me thru til the next crisis.

Pamk said...

My little one's smile and kiss and the older one thinking he can still sit in my lap sometimes lol. He's 17 and 6'2 and probably at least 180. talk about a lapfull

Maura Anderson said...

hmmm - inspiration comes from everywhere.

I'm another jewelry maker and have done a LOT of chainmail :) I have an ice blue necklace in byzantine that I'm going to use as a giveaway for Texas Tea's release....

Kim S. said...

As with most everyone else.....my kids, I have THE BEST kids in the world!! I have a 17 yr old daughter who graduates this year *sniffle*, OK.........*waaaaaaaa* and I have a 13 yr old son, who's a few inches shy of 6' and my "baby"!! LOL My DH, who'll I'll be married to for 26 yrs on the 22nd!! And to add sprinkles...my health is not too great, but I've had both knees replaced within the last year and I can move around with much less pain!!! Makes it awesome for inspiration on motivation!!
I envy you your talent with chain maille. I think it is sooooo facinating!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I have been by your site a few times and I love the jewlery you make!
My son is the single most important thing to me. Yes, I am married and I love my hubby very much, buy my son is my whole world. Without him I would be lost. Having a difficult pregnancy then having to go back and forth to the hospital right after he was born broke my heart. He is the reason I get up every morning, to see the beautiful smile when I pick him up just melts my heart. He is my inspiration, my love, and my link to youth. I plan on having another someday but I just hope I can love another as much as I love this little guy.

 

ENTRY | HOME | AUTHOR BIO | CONTACT | BOOKS | BLOG | LATEST NEWS | FUN STUFF
2010-11 Jacquelyn Frank All Rights Reserved. Web Design by Author Web Designs By Tara , Maintenance by George Waterman Web Design | Email Webmaster