Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The D'Arc Side...

Jacki is a sweetie for letting us all take over her blog. Thanks, kiddo! Good luck with the move and we’re already missing you in New York!!!

So, you’re wondering, who the heck is this Bianca D’Arc character? Is it getting hard to keep track of all the writers traipsing through Jacki’s blog? Well, I’m the dragon lady of Samhain. No, really, I was the first to introduce dragons to the roster of Samhain Publishing back when they first opened their doors for business. My first Dragon Knights book, Maiden Flight, came out on Valentine’s Day of 2005 and I’m looking forward to the fifth, Wings of Change, releasing this September 11th. In between, I’ve managed to get five books out in print and started a paranormal series and a futuristic ménage series for Samhain as well.

That’s mostly what I write – paranormal, futuristic, scifi and fantasy romance. The hotter the better! LOL. I started my working career as a biochemist, so the sci fi is a more or less natural fit. I’ve been a sci fi and fantasy reader since I was a kid and love to mix genres.

As an example, my latest futuristic, Hara’s Legacy, is the start of a series that’s based on a future Earth, where humanoid aliens have taken over and killed off most of humanity. The only ones to survive are those with extrasensory abilities – foresight, telekinesis, telepathy, empathy, healing, and the like. The series, which will ultimately have five books in it, starts on a ranch hidden in the wilderness of the Canadian Rockies. The three brothers are cowboys, so there’s a bit of a Western air, but there are also post-apocalyptic issues they’re all dealing with, paranormal abilities and questions revolving around their very DNA. It’s a mix of sub-genres that somehow adds up to what I think is a pretty entertaining – and very hot – story.

I like bending the rules and stretching the boundaries. Sometimes I write multiple-partner relationships and sometimes not. It all depends on the characters and what they want to do. They’re in charge. Me? I’m just along for the ride. ;-)

Jacki used to live pretty close, so we’ve done a few signings together. I’m definitely going to miss her at those little shindigs, but we’ll still get to hang out at things like RT and the upcoming Reader Appreciation Weekend (RAW) Lora Leigh is hosting in Kentucky. If any of you make it to either event, please look me up! I’m a compulsive shopper, so I always have a lot of fun things to give away.

I guess I should mention my upcoming dragon story, Wings of Change, which will be releasing in ebook formats on September 11, then in print early next year in the anthology called, I Dream of Dragons. Great title, don’t you think? The story is about a dying dragon and how a tavern wench, who was born a noblewoman, helps save his life. She meets some hunky knights along the way and discovers her own heritage of magic and strength… oh yeah, and lots of love.

Love conquers all is a recurring theme in my books. I really like Happily Ever Afters (HEAs) and have been known to throw books against the wall when the author decides to kill off people I like or deny the hero and heroine an HEA. Just a little quirk of mine. By my own little definition of romance, I just don’t see how it can be a romance if it doesn’t have an HEA. Am I wrong on that? I don’t know, but you’re pretty much guaranteed an HEA in my books, though of course, I make the characters struggle to get there. *evil grin*

I’d better skedaddle now. I’m getting my little promo items together for RAW and the book signing at this year’s New Jersey Romance Writers Conference in October. If you’re at either event, or at one of the other signings I'm doing in the month of October, please say hello! Thanks to Jacki for letting me turn her blog into The D’Arc Side for a day. Just FYI - my old blog on blogger got eaten, so feel free to visit me on my new blog. I’ve got a scavenger hunt running right now, so hop on over there for details!

Bianca D’Arc
2007 EPPIE Winner Best Erotic Romance Fantasy/Paranormal
Come over to The D’Arc Side... WWW.BIANCADARC.COM

10 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Bianca! How cool is your surname that you can do that play on words with D'arc and dark? I love it! I used to read a lot of YA fantasy books when I went through a dragon phase. I think I need to check out some of your books!

I plan on attending the book signing at the NJRW Conference in October... I'll definitely look for you then! :) And have fun at Lora Leigh's RAW. That sounds like so much fun. I wish I were going!

Jacquelyn Frank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yasmine Galenorn said...

That was me above who deleted my comment, I had logged in as Jacqui to post my blog *grins* but it appears the schedule got a bit off kilter, so I'll switch days and post tomorrow.

Yeah, the play on D'Arc and dark is cute! Much luck with your series!

Yasmine Galenorn

Amy C said...

Hi Bianca!! I'm going to RAW!!! WOOHOO!! I cannot wait!! I met you at the signing in Scranton with Jacki! Looking forward to seeing you again!!
Now I'm off to check out your scavenger hunt! :)

Have a great day!!

Bianca D'Arc said...

Hi Christine - Thanks for leaving a comment! My dragons are definitely all grown up and their knights are very sexy. Hope you like 'em if you get a chance to check them out!

Yasmine - Did I screw up??? I thought I was the 29th! Oh, no. I'm SO sorry if I messed up. Jacki can beat me about the head with a nerf ball when I see her in Kentucky. Please accept my apologies. [slinking away in embarrassment]

Hey Amy - I look forward to seeing you again! I just know I'm going to forget some things, although I'm trying to pack ahead. *sigh*

Anna said...

Hi Bianca....
I really enjoyed your blog, thanks for posting. Your books were recommended to me by amyc. I just picked up Ladies of the Lair, I'm really looking forward to reading it. :)

Tracy said...

Hey Bianca! Thanks for blogging. I love reading fantasy and romance and I'm definitely ALL FOR the HEA's. Gotta have em!! Can't wait to check out your books!
Have fun at RAW! :)
Tracy

Bianca D'Arc said...

Hi Anna - I hope you like Ladies of the Lair! It's actually 2-in-1 since the first 2 Dragon Knights stories are in there (Maiden Flight and Border Lair). And thanks to Amy for the recommendation! :)

Tracy - So glad to hear you like the HEA's too. I'm kind of a sucker for them. ;)

Suzette said...

Bianca! hi! Ladies if you havent had the chance to read any of bianca's work, do it now! Love all she has out so far. Her dragon Knights are awesome and I love Prince Nico and Tor the Ice Dragon. Can I have them. Her Resonance mates series is off to a fabulous start and I loved Michael Bianca!

Stephanie*magic* said...

Hello Bianca!Wonderful to have ya here today!
Your books sound wonderful.Love Dragons!And who doesnt want a HEA??!!lol.Nothing worse than being left hanging!! :D
Have fun at RAW.Sounds like its gonna be a blast.So wish I lived closer.But hopefully i'll make it to RT.
Take care and best wishes!

-Stephanie

 

ENTRY | HOME | AUTHOR BIO | CONTACT | BOOKS | BLOG | LATEST NEWS | FUN STUFF
2010-11 Jacquelyn Frank All Rights Reserved. Web Design by Author Web Designs By Tara , Maintenance by George Waterman Web Design | Email Webmaster