Saturday, September 8, 2007

Second Degree Burns and Gum in the Shower.

I swear, I do NOT work hard to make up the titles of my blogs. At the moment I am listening to the brat cat (Leo most likely) try to get into the cabinet in the kitchen where the cat food is stored. Mind you their bowls are hugely full. I could just have easily titled this "Fat Cats and Baby Locks) In the last house I had to have baby locks on all the cabinets because of the stupid cat. Looks like I may have to do that again.

Gum in the Shower. I went to finally take my first shower in my new home and found GUM stuck to the inside ledge as well as a used stars and stripes bandaid. EWW!! People are SO gross!! I will tackle it during daylight...or in a day or so. Why so long? Because...

Second degree burns. On my FEET. The soles of my feet. I have been a barefooter for as long as I have been alive. I have calluses three inches thick on my feet. The movers had my car blocked in so I thought nothing of walking to the bus stop to get Bianca. Halfway there I recalled I was now living in a Southern state. Apparently blacktop gets much MUCH hotter here than up north. OW. OW. So now I look like a real retard because I have burned and blistered feet at the bus stop in front of the other moms. I know they think I am a hopeless case. I would too. I have done nothing but stupid shit since I got here. I mean these are HUGE blisters. Last time I had this happen (yes, I am dumb enough to do this twice) was on LI many years ago when I left my car to walk across the campus parkinglot barefooted. Same result. The lot was much bigger than it looked at the time. By the time I realized I was burning I was already halfway across. Instead of going back for my shoes I ran the rest of the way...completely forgetting about the walk BACK to the car.

I now have a house full of boxes and I can;t walk. Sheesh. Let me mention the girl child who was SO sensitive to my pain.

B: Can we go to my friend's house?
J: No B we have a lot of work to do. Besides, I really think I hurt my feet.
B: (whining) But I want to go! You said I could go!
J: You need to help me unpack! This is your stuff too.
B: But I'm just a little girl. I can't do anything!
J: You mean you don't want to do anything. I know you want to play, but I really could use your help. I burned my feet. See the blisters?
B: (barely glances) I don't see nothing
J: Of course you don't. Regardless, I CANNOT WALK!
B: (ever sensitive) Well, there's the car!
J: (SCREAMS!!) Go to your room! GAH!!

Someone save me!

15 comments:

Amy C said...

Kids....ya gotta love em!! :)

Jacquelyn Frank said...

Do I hafta???

Stephanie*magic* said...

lol!!!
I'm right there with ya,lol!!
Poor Jacki! I hope your feet heal soon,ouchy!!!
I havent walked barefoot outside in I dont know how long,lol.I'd fry really fast,lol!
Wish I was close so I could help ya unpack and stuff.
Hope you and B are settled soon!
*hugs*

Patricia K said...

wow. I think you are having bad luck.You just need to get a pair of sandles and put by the door. Or you can do like I have seen some people do and just wear a pair of socks but I don't if that will work.

Patricia K said...

just do a box at a time then do some writing if that will work

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief! My feet hurt just from READING that!

Well, Lora has been teased that she'll need to have some strong nummy men carry her around in a chair at RAW because of her leg. So maybe you should call her and tell her to save some room in that chair for you! Or better yet, get your OWN harem of nummy slaves to carry YOU around! ;D

Tracy said...

Oh I have so been there! I'm so sorry about your feet.

Good luck with the unpacking! Oh, and good luck getting B to help. I have a couple of girls just like her so I feel your pain!

Pamk said...

oh Ouch completely understand about that southern payment. It does get hot down here. I'd try teh grass next time. I am looking forward to seeing your harem toting you around next weekend. lol. Hopefully your feet will be completely well by then

Christine said...

I hear that selfish little girl phase ends sometime when they are in their 20s. I have two girls ages 12 and 8. I'll let you know when I start to see that light at the end of the tunnel .... but don't hold your breath!

A few words about your feet.... cool compresses, aloe vera or vitamin E (break open the little gelcaps), and keep flip flops by the door. Feel better! :)

jabberwookie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your feet!!! Sorry it has taken me so long to figure out how to post on here. It wouldn't let me finish creating an account because of what I had the cookies set on!! I just figured out how to fix it for this page only and not all the other pages.

Susan said...

Wear flip-flops. Around the house I'm barefooted, but when I have to go out, I slide into a pair of flip-flops..:) My feet can't take the rocks, hot pavement, or other prickly things that like to grow in the grass. When I get in the car I pop out of the flops and drive barefooted..:)

As far as unpacking goes, just unpack the essentials for now. Set the others to the side and take them one at a time,as you can, or one room at a time. A little unpacking each day and soon it will be done.

Stephanie*magic* said...

lmao @ Christine!!!
I have 6,8 and 10 year old girls.
Theres light at the end of the tunnel??!!
lmao!!!!

Jacquelyn Frank said...

I HAVE flip flops. Remember, I mentioned I was STUPID??

OMG...you mean she's going to be this way for YEARS???

Stephanie*magic* said...

Gets worse i'm sorry to tell you,lol!

Anonymous said...

Jacki!! I just met you!! You are sooo cool! I am sorry about your feet so I picked up a little something for you. I will bring it with me tomorrow :) I hope it helps. Hugs and love, Crystal

 

ENTRY | HOME | AUTHOR BIO | CONTACT | BOOKS | BLOG | LATEST NEWS | FUN STUFF
2010-11 Jacquelyn Frank All Rights Reserved. Web Design by Author Web Designs By Tara , Maintenance by George Waterman Web Design | Email Webmaster