Hello All, today I have the pleasure of interviewing the lovely Kerrelyn Sparks. Author of The Sexiest Vampire Alive! I think you'll love her responses and her books. :) And no, she hasn't paid me to say that. Damn it.
1. If you could transform into any animal, what would you choose? Please tell us, as only an author can, why you would make this specific choice?
Tough question—at first I was going to say an eagle, because it would be cool to soar through the sky, and it’s always a good thing to be at the top of the food chain. But since I’m a night owl, I’m going to say owl. I could still fly and be at the top of the food chain (aka Night Huntress), and I could freak people out by turning my head halfway around. It doesn’t take much to entertain me!
2. Please share with us your most embarrassing moment with a fan or another author
Probably forgetting their names five minutes after I’ve been introduced. I’m terrible with names!
3. Which do you prefer to write? The hero or the villain? And why?
Some villains are just plain nasty, so they’re creepy to write, but others are delightfully naughty and twisted, and I have to admit to having fun writing them. (What does that say about me? I don’t even want to go there!) As for my heroes, I always love writing them. And I get such a kick out of watching the heroines give them hell.
4. Do you have someone in your life that you model your heroes after? What about those villains?
All of the heroes are inspired by my husband and other heroes from movies or books—like Indiana Jones or Aragorn. My heroes naturally reflect what I personally find heroic—strength, honor, courage, dependability, responsibility, and a attitude of respect for the heroine. As for the villains—they reflect what I fear the most. They’re my worst nightmares.
5. I am a woman who is 43 years old and has a crush on her 25-year-old gardener, what naughty secret do you have to share?
Can’t think of anything too naughty. I fall in love with each of my heroes, one after the other, which is terribly fickle of me.
6. I’ll go easy on you this time. What is your sinful pleasure? I have two. Gluttony: where I eat to much Ben & Jerry’s Pistachio Pistachio, and Sloth : where I laze in bed all day watching HGTV (Mike Holmes…mmm nummy!) or Farscape. Please be equally specific.
Blue Bell ice cream—it’s a Texan thing. Cookies and Cream flavor. And after finishing a tough deadline, when I really need to clean house, I just want to read one book after another for a week or so. And eat ice cream!
7. Do you sing in the shower? What would Simon Cowell think of your performance? What is your favorite song choice?
LOL, no, I don’t. I wouldn’t subject my family to such awful noise! Simon Cowell would have a field day insulting me! I would feel so wounded, I might be forced to eat more ice cream.
8. If you could be any of your characters whom would you choose? Tell us why of course.
That’s really hard! I could always relate to Heather Echarpe the most, because like her, I’m from Texas, I’m overweight (must be the ice cream!), I have a wonderful child who resulted from a disastrous first marriage, and I would enjoy seeing my ex behave like a cockroach (not a far reach). But when you consider the gifts my heroines have, I would love to be Caitlyn and have her ability to understand any language and learn it within minutes.
9. Who did it the best? Out of all of your favorite paranormal authors’ works, who wrote the BEST SCENE EVA? Explain.
Another hard one! I’m going to have to go with Karen Marie Moning and chapters 4 & 5 of Dreamfever when Mac goes from being a Pri-ya back to her normal self. Brilliant writing! And who wouldn’t want to be locked up with Jericho Barrons for a few weeks!?
10. You are now a published author, which some would say is the pinnacle for any writer. Now that you have achieved this goal, what is your new dream? What is it that you now aspire to do?
I aspire to…steal all of Jacquelyn’s readers!! Bwahahaha! Seriously though, we all want to share our work with more and more readers, so I would be delighted to just borrow some of Jacquelyn’s readers for a few weeks whenever I have a new release coming out. And I hope more of my readers discover her! As for my dream— I would love to be able to write faster, but I don’t really see that happening, LOL. I would love for the writing to become easier, but that’s not happening, either!! So, I’ll just learn to be happy with myself and my turtle-like slow pace.
From New York Times bestselling author Kerrelyn Sparks—
Book # 11 in the Love at Stakes series
Sexiest Vampire Alive!
Finally, it’s Gregori’s turn!
He was both a playboy and a vampire…and impossible to resist.
At the end of Vampire Mine, a terrible thing happened—a video was released that proved the existence of vampires. Now Vamps fear the worst, the Vampire Apocalypse! Will mortals start hunting vampires down and staking them in their death-sleep? At an emergency meeting, Coven Masters from around the world decide how to proceed. They need an emissary to open negotiations with the President of the United States. They want their emissary to be modern, safe, and harmless. A Vamp who has never bitten a mortal. A Vamp who has been entirely bottle-fed. Their choice—Gregori!
Now Gregori has the fate of the entire Vamp population on his shoulders. When he’s given a special assignment that involves the president’s daughter, will he succumb to his playboy ways and doom them all?
“An absolute delight!” -- Lynsay Sands
“I have long thought of these books as the Stephanie Plum series with fangs!”
-- Jenn J, Night Owl Romance
“The sheer entertainment value in the writing of Kerrelyn Sparks is amazing and well worth reading.” -- Delane, Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More
For more information about the Love at Stake series, please visit www.kerrelynsparks.com. If you would like promotional items, please contact Kerrelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEXIEST VAMPIRE ALIVE
By Kerrelyn Sparks
ISBN # 978-0061958052
On Sale: 9/27/2011