Hi all, we are lucky enough to be here today with the USA and NYT Bestselling Author MaryJanice Davidson! She is famous for her Undead and Mermaid series. Book ten in Undead and Undermined Releases Today! So with out further ado...
Here as promised, is a series of weird and seemingly pointless questions. But I am assured that these are the types of things readers are truly curious about.
Yes! You certainly did promise weird and pointless questions. Um, congratulations? ;-)
1. If you could transform into any animal, what would you choose? Please tell us, as only an author can, why you would make this specific choice?
Oh my God. Seriously? You will never convince me readers give a tin shit what animal I would like to be. Mallard duck, by the way. They're gorgeous, they're plentiful (e.g. not hunted to the point of extinction), and can live anywhere in the Midwest. As can I!
2. Please share with us your most embarrassing moment with a fan or another author
I threw up during a signing. Don't worry, I made it to the bathroom, and then after I rinsed my mouth and washed my face, returned to the signing. It was one of the Romantic Times Conventions...Dayton, maybe? Anyway. Too much coffee on an empty stomach and no sleep.
3. Which do you prefer to write? The hero or the villain? And why?
Villain, for sure. I just like giving him/her different perspective (like a grumpy mermaid, say, or a secretary who loves shoes becoming a vampire). In one of my trilogies, UNDER COVER, I wrote 3 novellas. The villain of the first novella was the hero of the second novella...that was great fun!
4. Do you have someone in your life that you model your heroes after? What about those villains?
Yep! People on the planet Earth. But not any one person...my characters tend to be amalgams of people I know or read about (Sinclair, for example, is an amalgam of my husband, some old boyfriends, a villain or two...like that).
5. I am a woman who is 43 years old and has a crush on her 25-year-old gardener, what naughty secret do you have to share?
The same one! Is your gardner's name Paul? Oh, and I'm 41. Other than that, we could be twins! Oh, and Paul is a part time fireman. And is, um, in really good shape.
6. I’ll go easy on you this time. What is your sinful pleasure? I have two. Gluttony: where I eat to much Ben & Jerry’s Pistachio Pistachio, and Sloth : where I laze in bed all day watching HGTV (Mike Holmes…mmm nummy!) or Farscape. Please be equally specific.
This is getting creepy. I like to loll around like a pissy walrus eating Skittles, and I'll watch FX all day long: It's Always Sunny; Louie; Wilfred; rinse, repeat.
7. Do you sing in the shower? What would Simon Cowell think of your performance? What is your favorite song choice?
Nope! I barely wash in the shower. I prefer my big Jacuzzi tub, and graphic novels I can read wherein.
8. If you could be any of your characters whom would you choose? Tell us why of course.
Oh, Fred, natch. In fact, Fred sort of came to be when I thought, "If I was a mermaid, I wouldn't be one of those cute fluffy big-boobed ones who want to give it all up for a man. I'd be bitchy and I'd eat a lot. Yeah." Sha-zam! Ah, the power of literature.
9. Who did it the best? Out of all of your favorite paranormal authors’ works, who wrote the BEST SCENE EVA? Explain.
When Anita Blake quit dithering and nailed Jean Claude in THE KILLING DANCE. I'm definitely a "classic Anita" fan.
10. You are now a published author, which some would say is the pinnacle for any writer. Now that you have achieved this goal, what is your new dream? What is it that you now aspire to do?
Be a mallard duck who eats Skittles and belongs to a part-time fireman named Paul.
Remember book ten in the Bestselling Undead Series hits shelves TODAY! Feel free to contact MaryJanice Davidson at MaryJaniceDavidson.net