Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Debut of my first JAX book, THE BID



So yesterday was the debut of my first JAX book, an erotica paranormal/ fantasy/ futuristic romance called THE BID published under the Aphrodisia line at Kensington Publications. I really love this story. It's kind of a twist on the kidnapped and sold into slavery idea. It's also pretty steamy. I didn't really see why it might not fly in mass market format...I mean Rapture and the short story in Nocturnal both burned up the pages. But I like the idea of freeing myself up in future books from the conventional relationship format. There's lots of sexy possibilities in a non-standard relationship. But be assured, I'm all about the romance and the love and the happily ever after. No matter what you will always find that in my books.

We have established a JAX fan page on Facebook and you never know what I'll be giving away so it might be a good idea for you to sign up. Plus it can keep you up to date on all thing erotic from me.

The Authors After Dark 2010 event was a wild success. Don't take my word for it though. Go to the Authors After Dark blog and see for yourself. Stella Price has posted a blog and there are great pictures at Larissas Bookish Life, and other blogger sites. I have a few of my own but I am going to post them on Monday (ideally), the day before my surgery.

That's the other thing going on in my life. I am having my circumferential abdominoplasty on Tuesday. Also known as a lower body lift. Also known as a big ouch. I had hoped to have my second Three Worlds book done before then and am still working to reach that goal, but we will have to see how it turns out. So if you are wondering why I have been so quiet lately, there is your answer. Deadline!!!

I hired a new assistant. His name is George. So far so good. He seems to be fairly competent, which is a huge compliment coming from me. Lol. So if I haven't answered your emails there is hope for me yet! I do try my best, but since I have such a crappy memory... It goes something like this. Read email. Come up with reply in head. Go to hit reply button. Dust mote catches my attention. Have sudden urge to see how much rainfall they had in Belize. Ten days Later....

Such is life in Jacki's brain. Ah well. I shudder to think of how many awesome ideas were lost or don't end up in my books because of those damn random dust motes.

But they do fall in such a pretty way....

1 comment:

Stephanie*magic* said...

Hi ya hon!!
So far, George is awesome!! :D
I hope you are recovering well sweetie!
Your in my thoughts!

Wishing you all the best as Jax!!!
Hate to say it, I but really dont like Futuristic. But for you my dear, I shall try! :)

Take care!! Loves ya.

 

ENTRY | HOME | AUTHOR BIO | CONTACT | BOOKS | BLOG | LATEST NEWS | FUN STUFF
2010-11 Jacquelyn Frank All Rights Reserved. Web Design by Author Web Designs By Tara , Maintenance by George Waterman Web Design | Email Webmaster